Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who: · consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness, Research and Planning (IERP) at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:Essential Functions:
Lead the institutional effectiveness efforts, including the strategic planning process.
Lead outcome development and documentation for the institution and assist departmental planning and documentation efforts.
Maximize program effectiveness by guiding continuous improvement process.
2. Facilitate the accurate use of data to inform institutional decision-making.
Facilitate institutional assessment through student surveys and other research tools.
Effectively use market research to support a data-informed approach to promoting and positioning the College.
3. Serve as the Southern Association Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) liaison.
Facilitate regular submission of reports to SACSCOC, including substantive change requests.
Coordinate decennial review process. Oversee institutional integration of accreditation agency standards.
4. Oversee the institutional integration of state governing board reporting standards and planning priorities, such as performance funding.
Manage the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) Audit Committee Risk Assessment process.
Oversee the timely submission of federal and state reporting.
5. Chair the college’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) and coordinate all requests to conduct research.
6. Provide leadership and direction for the Institutional Effectiveness, Research and Planning Office.
Perform supervisory duties such as goal setting, coaching, and annual evaluations.
Manage the IERP Office budget.
Education: Master’s degree in Education, Educational Leadership, Higher Education, or related area.
Experience: Five years of experience in a higher education in any of the following areas: institutional effectiveness, assessment of student outcomes, research design, data analysis, designing and analyzing surveys, and the use of statistical applications.
Preferred Qualifications: - Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university with coursework that includes knowledge of research methods, statistics, and databases.
- Experience in instructional research design and its integration into learning outcomes and program review for continuous improvement within a community college setting.
- Experience directing and supervising staff.
Closing Date: 1/19/2018 Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req261
About this company
If you would enjoy a challenging job, friendly and helpful colleagues and an outstanding work environment, Chattanooga State Community College is a dynamic and vibrant place to work. As part of one of the nation’s largest systems of public higher education (Tennessee Board of Regents), we're glad you're considering a career with the ChattState.
The value of employment at Chattanooga State goes far beyond salary. As a potential employee, you will enjoy a full range of benefits, services and programs. Total compensation includes annual salary, a generous annual and sick leave program, 13 paid holidays, health and life insurance, retirement, 401(k) and more. Please review Chattanooga State's benefit options.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (US - 37403)