Setting a course of excellence
Long Island (Nassau County), NY
Positions Effective July 1, 2018
We are seeking dynamic educational leaders who meet the following criteria:
PRINCIPAL: JR./ SR. HIGH SCHOOL (7-12)
- Establish a professional, collaborative learning culture of high expectations, equity and excellence for all students through development of a solid foundation of shared mission, vision, values and goals.
- Experience as a secondary level teacher & administrator with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
- An incisive thinker, decisive leader and problem solver with the ability to identify areas of need and develop a process to lead change.
- Record of proven and successful leadership that promotes dedication, creativity, innovation and growth.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills with school community including parents, students and community members.
- Ability to lead the development, implementation and evaluation of a data-driven plan for increasing student achievement.
- Strong ability to monitor, support and evaluate effective instruction, curriculum and assessment practices.
- Be highly visible at and supportive of school and community events.
DIRECTOR OF PUPIL PERSONNEL SERVICES
- Strong foundational knowledge of the special education and pupil services field.
- Strong familiarity with current federal and NYS regulations, theories, and practices required in the delivery of special education services.
- Prior experience in an administrative role in special education.
- Supervises the implementation & compliance of all aspects of IDEA and Section 504.
- Develops and monitors programs and services for all students with disabilities to improve academic and post-secondary outcomes.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify needs and resolve complex problems, and execute plans for improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring the fidelity of implementation of the evaluation system for special education and related services personnel.
- Serves as a member of the Superintendent's Cabinet.
We are ALSO SEEKING an English Teacher (7-12) - Full Time
For consideration, please apply online at: www.olasjobs.org/longisland
The East Rockaway Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer