Wagner Construction Inc., has been in business since 1951. We have been a resource to the Midwest by providing services in a variety of different sectors including underground utilities, site development, forestry, commercial/industrial building, heavy civil, and transportation.
With diverse capabilities, excellent safety record and with employees expertise at all levels, we are able to provide a broad range of services on accelerated schedules. Our hard work and safety orientated company has provided a reputation that allows Wagner Construction to be competitive in all markets in different regions.
The Field Mechanic will perform maintenance and repair of heavy construction equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications, company standards and safety standards. The position will be based in North Dakota and may travel throughout the state.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Troubleshoot problems and repair heavy construction equipment.
• Documents repairs and preventive maintenance in fleet data base.
• Purchases necessary parts and supplies to accomplish repairs.
• Prioritize work, establishes deadlines and modifies work schedules to meet those deadlines.
• Provides technical assistance or advice to machine operators.
• Maintain shop facilities in adherence to safety regulations.
• Assigns work to machine operators engaged in the repair, maintenance, and servicing of equipment.
• Plans and organize seasonal shop work according to changing demands and priorities.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties:
• Performs skilled mechanical repair work and overhaul of equipment.
• Ability to understand hydraulic, electrical and air schematics.
• Ability to weld mild steel and use oxy/acetylene torch.
• Extensive travel to field project locations to provide technical maintenance and support.
• Monitors equipment and vehicle preventive maintenance schedules.
• Trains machine operators on general maintenance.
• Maintain a current library of equipment maintenance manuals, schematics and lock-out procedures.
• Ensure equipment is equipped with log books, operating manuals and lock-out procedures.
• Identify warranty issues and follow up with manufacturer and Equipment Manager.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the skilled mechanical repair of construction equipment.
• A valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required; Class ‘B’ is a plus.
• Ability to read and understand procedural instructions and manuals.
• Ability to keep records and to prepare work and time reports.
• Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
• Ability to supervise the work of others and clearly communicate instructions.
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Provide basic hand tools for equipment repair.
• Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• Works both indoors and outdoors.
• Frequently performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms and legs and moving the whole body.
• Uses hands and fingers to operate equipment and tools involved in repairs.
• Lifts, pushes, pulls, and carries heavy objects, machinery and tools.
• Works around vehicles and machinery with moving parts.
• Exposed to exhaust fumes, gasoline, and diesel fuel.
• May be exposed to harsh weather conditions.
• May be exposed to loud noise.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
“We offer a competitive salary and benefits package”
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To fill out a job application go to your web site at: www.wagnerconstructioninc.com you will find it under the Careers tab.
Wagner Construction, Inc. is an underground utility, site development and civil construction company. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and Females are encouraged to apply.