GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 200 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect truck/trailer for defects for safe operation
- Safely load building materials onto flatbed or boom truck and unload products at commercial & residential job sites
- Deliver materials to assigned area as directed by the customer while prioritizing personal safety and the safety of those around you
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Must report all accidents involving driver or company equipment
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Stamina to lift heavy building materials up to 80 lbs. for load/unload
- Excellent customer service skills and professional attitude
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license
- Class A License strongly preferred, Class B accepted
- Must have a clear three year Motor Vehicle Report
- Must have knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Boom or Crane experience preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
- Competitive compensation
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Commercial Driver License
- DOT Regulations
- Lift 50lbs-100lbs
See job description
Complete Drywall and Acoustical Ceiling products distributor with 11 locations serving Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Iowa City. Distributing quality products from the industries' leading Manufacturers, Tamarack's warehouses stock the most complete and diverse inventories of Drywall, Metal Studs, Insulation, Ceiling Tile, Plaster, and Tools in the marketplace.
Tamarack Materials is a subsidiary company of Gypsum Management & Supply, Inc. (GMS). GMS is the largest distributor of drywall in the United States as well as other specialty building materials. GMS operates through a network of nearly 40 localized subsidiaries with over 150 locations across 37 states.
Location/Region: Minot, ND (US)