Founded in France in 1970, Fiducial is a major provider of financial services (Business Counseling, Bookkeeping, Payroll and Tax Preparation & Advisory Services) to small businesses and their owners. As a trusted advisor to entrepreneurs, Fiducial provides the financial back office infrastructure to clients, allowing them to focus on what they do best: serve their customers.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fiducial US is divided into 3 regions: West, Middle West and East. The Regional Manager is in charge of the daily supervision, the technical supervision and the controlling of the performance of each branch in the Northwest. His/her main goal is to increase the size and the profitability of his territory in compliance with the Fiducial standards.
The success of the regional manager will be based on his/her ability to improve the employee gross margin/operating Income of the existing portfolio of branches but also on the overall growth in gross margin/number of branches due to acquisition. The candidate will be evaluated on his ability to know our business (professional services) as well as a history of successful business growth in prior experiences. We are looking for someone who has a significant and successful experience in managing an accounting, tax or consulting services business.
- Develop the revenue and restore profitability in the Portland area by revisiting the marketing, selling approach and the production process (presence of a local District Manager)
- Actively explore and investigate any potential acquisition to be merged with an existing office in the Portland area (Eugene, Salem, Hillsboro are top priorities) or to bring profitability to this territory
- Support the DFO in the development of a progressive succession plan for the Mt Vernon office in cooperation with our team to ensure continuity in client service and for this branch
- Supervise the branch of Arvada (PDA + Arvada)
- Review periodically the performance of each branch, visit them and identify areas for growth
- Technical Review and compliance
- Supervise all HR aspects with the local Managers
- Act as the relay between the Field Operations and the local branches to implement new procedures, new services or new policies. In addition to helping at the implementation, the Regional Manager is expected to make proposals to develop revenue and business
- Verify that proper quality of service as well as service fees charged for each branch
- Evaluate the Branch Manager performance and actively manage them to reach the level of performance expected
- Assist the local Branch Manager with difficult situations including handling client’s issue with IRS or other regulatory agencies
- Help local branches to develop marketing efforts and promote the quality of services locally.
- New Business / Acquisitions development:
- In direct connection with the DFO perform the preliminary discussions, perform and/or supervise due diligences and set an integration plan/scenario to successfully transition
- Investigate potential new services/business which would present synergies with existing core business and propose opportunities to the DFO/COO
- Implement and coordinate transition plan for the new business acquired
Desired Skills/ Experience / Attributes
- 5 years in an accounting/tax environment (EA or CPA) mandatory.
- 3 years in leadership functions with positive outcome.
- Knowledge of practice management in professional services especially in tax practices
- Extensive client interaction and service.
- Strong motivated communicator, positive attitude, team player, and customer service oriented.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPA or EA license
- Bachelors required, Masters degree in Business or Accounting a plus.